Theming is what we do best! Got a set of mockups, an existing website, or just a scribble on the back of a napkin? We can turn your design into a Drupal reality.
We excel in medium-sized projects that start from a well-defined set of mockups. While we do take on some larger and smaller projects, the vast majority of our theming projects are in the 30-60 hour range. We'll deliver you a fantastic, intelligently implemented theme with a high attention to detail.
Fusion: a theming game-changer
In late 2009, we created Fusion, a next generation theming framework that has since taken the Drupal world by storm. Fusion represents years of accumulated theming experience, for huge custom projects TopNotchThemes' founders worked on like Amnesty International, to our premium theme customers. It allows us to build extremely flexible themes very quickly, prototyping and changing on the fly as needed. It uses a grid system and further separates content from theming, so we hand you a site that you can really use and maintain in the future.
You'll get a theme that's:
- Valid, standards-based code
- Built to be Drupal-savvy and work with how people really build Drupal sites
- Rock solid cross-browser
- Flexible -- your theme won't choke when you add another word to the menu
What kind of theming can you do?
We fill a niche within a niche. We are not only experienced at building all sorts of standard Drupal themes, but can create themes that are designed for:
- Ubercart / Drupal Commerce
- Mobile & responsive theming
- Organic Groups
- Drupal Commons
- Panels / Panels Everywhere
- Right-to-left or multilingual sites
- Recolorable (color.module) integration
- Highly accessible/standards compliant environments, e.g. Section 508, WCAG
- Creating variation themes -- i.e. subtheming, multiple theme skins
- Other Drupal distributions, such as Open Publish, Prosepoint, etc.
We have also performed theme audits, either reviewing for code quality, improving overall flexibility or extensibility of the theme, or correcting cross-browser issues in a theme.
What about building my website?
While TopNotchThemes doesn't officially do "site building", sometimes our role veers in this direction. It's a fuzzy line in Drupal -- where does configuration end and theming begin? Often we are "The Drupal People" on a small project, and are happy to make recommendations on modules, do some Views/content type configuration, update image size presets, etc. But we do need your site to be largely functional, with content entered, in order to complete theming. If you don't have in-house Drupal expertise then you'll need a developer to assist you. We're happy to provide referrals if you're interested.